Improving Opportunities for Women in Engineering with Felicity Furey (Podcast Episode)
This episode of the Mumgineer Podcast features a real life “Superstar of STEM” – She is an inspirational leader, award winning speaker and one of my personal engineering role models, Felicity Furey!
Felicity has won a multitude of awards including:
- Science and Technology Australia Superstars of STEM
- Innovative Engineer of 2018 Engineers Australia
- Young Executive of the Year 2016 Australian Financial Review BOSS Magazine
- Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence Winner 2014 QUT
- Young Achiever Award 2013 National Association of Women in Construction
- Finalist Outstanding Alumni Awards 2013 QUT
- Young Social Pioneer 2013 Foundation for Young Australians
- 100 Women of Influence 2012
From BOSS Magazine’s Young Executive of The Year to being one of Westpac AFR’s 100 Women of Influence and the Director of four multi-million dollar businesses, Felicity has made a career out of making the ‘impossible’ possible!
She has led some of Australia’s most innovative mega infrastructure projects delivering a $45 million dollar transport infrastructure project portfolio by the time she was just 23 years old!
One of just twelve women in her graduating class of 120, she is committed to fueling diversity across all industries by equipping current and emerging leaders from all backgrounds with the skills and tools to make an impact. Her two businesses, Power of Engineering Inc. and Machinam along with exclusive partnerships with Qantas, Boeing, Toyota, Telstra, Origin and Energy Australia power her mission to help more people ignite their potential and spark meaningful change.
You can read more about Felicity's work and sign up for her upcoming Millennial Leadership Program at her website https://www.felicityfurey.com/
Listen to this episode to hear how Felicity has achieved so much in such a short time frame and how she is now adding "mum" to her impressive list of achievements.