In the first episode of the Mumgineer Podcast I spoke to Carmen Smith. Carmen is currently an engineer working for her local council in QLD and mother to her 8-year-old son. Before transitioning to the Public Works Sector, Carmen worked within the food, iron ore and alumina industries for 15 years. Carmen’s areas of expertise include data evaluation, problem solving and thinking outside the box.
Listen to the episode to hear about Carmen's experiences:
- Working in male dominated industry
- Working remotely in Western Australia
- Engaging her son in STEAM subjects
- Balancing work and life and making time for frequent family holidays
- Being the main income earner for her family while her husband was the stay at home dad
Carmen also shares her advice for how to thrive in male dominated industry!